Last Updated on June 19, 2021 Brain Visagie
The following notes intend to enhance your understanding of the Scriptural contents on this website.
- Some English words are spelled differently in South African. For example, the word ‘labour’ in South Africa is spelled ‘labor’ in the US.
- It should be noted that the grammar used in the King James Version of the Bible differs from modern day grammar. Quotations from the King James Version of the Bible are quoted verbatim, including grammar and spelling differences. Therefore, I also quote other Bible Translations in my writings for ease of understanding.
- I use the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible when I quote Scriptures in my writings.
- Bible scholars rightly agree that the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible has many inaccuracies. Even so, compared to all other Bible Translations, the King James Version, as well as our South African Afrikaans Ou Vertaling (AOV) Bible gives the most accurate account of the Glory of God.
- Words in the Bible which are written in italics indicate words that are not part of the original Bible Texts. Words in italics are words that have been added by the translators of the Bible for ease of understanding. This principle is applied to all Bible translations.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the scripture quoted from the Bible is accurate.
- The Blog Posts on this website are updated regularly. Even so, the gist of the original message will be preserved.
The following Bible Translations and Bible Study Aids are occasionally quoted for clarity and ease of understanding:
Bible Translations Used on this Blog
- AMP = Amplified Bible
- APB = Apostolic Bible Polyglot
- AOV = Afrikaans Ou Vertaling
- ASV = American Standard Version
- BBE = 1965 Bible in Basic English
- CEV = Contemporary English Version
- DBY = 1889 Darby Translation
- DRB = 1899 Douay-Rheims Bible
- EMTV = English Majority Text Version
- ESV = English Standard Versio
- GNB = Good News Bible
- GW = Gods WORD
- HCSB = Holman Christian Standard Bible
- ISV = International Standard Version
- LEB = Lexham English Bible
- LITV = Literal Translation of the Holy Bible
- MKJV= Modern King James Version
- NASB = New American Standard Bible
- NIV = New International Version
- NKJV = New King James Version
- NLT = New Living Translation
- RSV = Revised Standard Version
- RV = Revised Version
- TLB = The Living Bible
- TS 2009 = The Scriptures 2009
- YNG = Young’s Literal Translation
- WEB = 1833 Webster’s Bible
Bible Study Aids
- Bible Gateway
- Blueletter Bible
- Gesenius’s Lexicon
- Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance
- Thayer’s Lexicon
- Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon
God bless and guide you.
Share the Truth